Mark Dumbrill – Thank You

Role: Family Therapist

Your connection to the course: Masters student (temporarily before transferring)

Thank You

Although I only attended two weeks of the Masters training at Derby before transferring to somewhere closer to home, I still recall how well organised the course was, and how passionate Lesley Novelle and Gary Robinson were. Although my move was a good one for me, I always wondered what it would have been like to continue learning and working with Lesley and Gary. The compassionate way they supported me through a difficult interview and acceptance process only for me to then leave so soon has also stuck with me, and something I hope I demonstrate in my relationships with colleagues, other professionals, and clients. I’ve always kept an eye out for what has been going on at DAFT, which always seems interesting, and it is always nice to see the other trainees I started with go on and contribute to the work of DAFT too. I am sad to hear about the training school ending at Derby, so I wish everyone connected to the Derby training school and DAFT all the very best for the future.